f e e l m u s i c
music on ‘image’
echo ~ phos ~ chroma
[για ελληνικά, παρακαλώ κάν’τε scroll προς τα κάτω]
Educational and Art, Group Session Series [Lectures /Seminars / Workshops / Soundwalks /Listenings /Sound Treatment] designed and presented by composer, Anna Stereopoulou, and inspired by her artistic /scientific research on the Human Brain, the Human Psychology and Body Balance, as well as by other Sciences & Art and her work in the field of Film Scoring.
The above Session Series started in 2011 and were first hosted in the Michael Cacoyannis Foundation (Athens, Greece). Other presentations of the project and the research, have taken place at the following occasions:
• ‘Inspirational Arts Festival’ | ‘20th Century Theatre’, London (30-04-2006)
Lecture about her project ‘Heliconian Muses’ [Ελικωνιάδες Μούσες] and the Musicality of (Greek) Language
• ‘Zografion Lyceum’, Greek School, Constantinople (17-03-2007)
Lecture about her project, ‘Europa’ & Direction of the same-titled theatrical performance of the ‘Zografion’ students
• Piper studio (Day 01: 22.02.2013) & The Coffee Tree art café / Day 02: 23.02.2013) | FEELMUSIC Seminar Series + VJ Meeting (Athens, Greece)
• 1st & 2nd Primary School of Aspropyrgos (Spring 2015)
• ‘Unlimited Music & Arts’ Summer School (Vyzitsa, Pelion /July 2016)
• Lampateria Festival (Eria, Evia / September 2-4, 2016)
• ‘Open September 5’ Festival (VAULT Theatre Plus / September 2016)
• Public Schools of Amorgos island [Chora (High school & Lyceum), Arkessini (Primary school), Lagkada (Primary school), Katapola (Primary school) / October 3-6, 2016]
• FEELMUSIC Series [Chimeres Studio (Athens, Greece) / October – November 2016]
• ‘MANOS HATZIDAKIS Cultural Center’ | Organised by F.E.X. / Chrysallida.gr (Xanthi, Greece / 20 October 2022)
New dates are being scheduled in various schools and educational /cultural foundations in Greece and abroad (2022-23).
FEELMUSIC Sessions are addressed to all ages; no specialisation /skills -in art or science- are required by the participants
Duration of each Session: 1 or 2 Hours (it can be discussed)
feelmusic @ chimerestudio
Listening -Group- Sessions Series of anything we can perceive as Music or/and Vibration, i.e. Feeling.
The session series consists of Listening of music and sounds (with or without accompanying Image), Discussion about the set up and specification, as well as Interaction, i.e. the Creative Role of the participants in relation to the equipment set up within the space, and the Sound Mixing. The Series aim to the Perception and Understanding of our own Senses / Feelings, through different -each time- techniques and concepts.
Sound Installation / Sound Treatment
« rho ~ ῥῶ »
The sound / audio-visual installation « rho ~ ῥῶ » is based on Anna Stereopoulou’s research on the Human Brain and the Structure and Function of the Human Ear, in relation to theories of Psychoanalysis and various types of waves (sound, light, brain waves).
The specific Installation was commissioned by and premiered at the ‘ohrenhoch, der Geräuschladen‘ (ohrenhoch, the Noise Shop) Sound Gallery, in Berlin (May 8 & 15, 2016), and was available as a Signature Sound Treatment « rho ~ ῥῶ » at: YOU Hair & Beauty Care Salon (Amaroussion, Athens) and GLORIOUS PELEYS Luxury Castle Hotel (Vyzitsa, Pelion mountain), in Greece (2016-2020).
Also, the concept projects of Anna Stereopoulou’s, titled, «oneirograph», «electron», « c i r c e :the black cut: », and other compositions and sound installations, are also inspired by the Sleep Therapies taking place in the Ancient Times (Ancient Asclepeions) and modern sleep centres, the Structure and Function of the Human Ear & the Balance of Body.
Anna Stereopoulou: composer /pianist /researcher
• Research: https://wp.me/P2zRWp-1nO
• Bio: https://annastereoscopic.wordpress.com/about/
• about ‘rho ~ ῥῶ’: https://annastereo.bandcamp.com/track/rho
For Information & Bookings, please, contact on:
Design– Presentation: Anna Stereopoulou
selection of] photo archive ~ φωτογραφικό αρχείο [επιλογή